GROWING YOUR TEACHING STUDIO THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA WITH NEIL AND RACHEL FROM CHILI DOG STRINGS (Season 3 Episode 8)
Social media is a HOT topic for musicians!
But sometimes the “how” behind it all can be a bit confusing, especially if you’re using social media to represent yourself as a teacher.
When we first met Rachel and Neil of Chili Dog Strings online, we were super impressed with how they were using Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to connect with their students (and other teachers!) online, which is why we’re SO excited to introduce you to them on this podcast episode.
Rachel and Neil are so thoughtful about how and why they use social media to build their community for Chili Dog Strings, and we had an absolute blast chatting with them!
Join us as we dive into…
- Their backgrounds + how they met
- The story behind the Chili Dog Strings brand (hint: Chili is their adorable dog!)
- The types of content they share on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- How they get their students and parents on board with sharing photos and videos from lessons on social media
- Online and offline tactics they’ve used to build their teaching studio and attract over 60 new students within their first year of moving to a new city
- How teachers can use email marketing to engage with current and prospective students
We cover a TON of helpful info in this fast-paced interview!
If you’re a private teacher or are wanting to build your teaching studio, don’t miss this insightful interview! It’s a bit longer than usual, but every minute is dripping with wisdom from these two expert teachers!
TAKE THE QUIZ!
Raise your hand if you hear the word “marketing” and your eyes begin to glaze over…
We totally get it. (Musicians are usually taught to make music, not market their music.)
But here’s the truth: Knowing what stage of marketing you are in will help you market yourself confidently.
So whether you’re just starting out or you’re heavily involved as a musical entrepreneur, this quiz is designed to tell you:
a) What stage you are in with your marketing
b) What next steps you can take right now
FOR EVEN MORE IN-DEPTH DISCUSSIONS…
Stay in the know to learn more about our Facebook Live conversations on The Marketed Musician Facebook page.
Approximately twice a month, we bring on guests to elaborate on their thoughts, experiences, and wisdom on how to create your own opportunities with multiple incomes.
To be notified via Facebook Messenger the next time we go Live, click the blue “Send to Messenger” button below.